Information we collect and how we use it: We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, such as Cushion Wall articles and information on the products and services we sell. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
• Information you provide – When you sign up for a Cushion Wall account or other Cushion Wall service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For certain services, we may also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Cushion Wall services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
• Log information – When you access the Cushion Wall website, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as: your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
• Consent To Our Communication With You By E-Mail – By establishing a registered account with us, and/or each time you make a purchase through our site, you grant permission for Cushion Wall to contact you at your e-mail address. To stop receiving our monthly newsletters, promotional/marketing, or special announcement e-mails follow the opt-out procedures set forth at the bottom of each email sent to you by our company.
• Providing our products & services, including the display of customized content and product presentations;
• Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our products & services;
• Ensuring the technical functioning of our website;
• Protecting the rights or property of Cushion Wall or our users; and
• Developing new services.
Cushion Wall processes personal information on our servers in Canada.
Choices for Personal Information
When you sign up as a registered user on Cushion Wall, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Cushion Wall features, products, and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Cushion Wall may not be able to provide those services to you.
Cushion Wall only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Cushion Wall in the following limited circumstances:
• We have your prior written consent – electronically via email or registration. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
• We believe that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Cushion Wall, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Cushion Wall employees, suppliers, manufacturers, and agents who need to know that information in order to complete your order or to develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information when you use the Cushion Wall website, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask our online customers to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing orders.
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Cushion Wall’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Cushion Wall and an individual.